Who Bike to Work Ltd are
This Privacy Statement
Transactional Use of Data
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING DATA
- Middle initial
- Employer Name
- Work email
- Work phone
- Work address
TRANSACTIONAL PROCESSING OF DATA
Bike to Work Ltd will process user data as follows:
- To process orders and renewal or orders
- To keep users informed about orders and the renewal of orders
- In improving and developing this website and Bike to Work Ltd's related websites.
- To respond to any queries users might have and generally provide customer support to users.
- comply with applicable laws
- respond to governmental enquiries; or enquiries from a legal, governmental or quasi-governmental local authority agency, or Internet protection agency
- comply with a valid legal process or procedure
- protect Bike to Work Ltd's rights or property, this website, and/or other users of this website
TRANSFER OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
For Cycle to Work Scheme orders, Bike to Work Ltd may transfer users' name and surname to the bike shop along with the details of the quote for the bicycle and accessories that the user got from the bike shop.
Users may wish to give the shop additional information to allow them to order their bicycle, arrange collection, or as part of any warranty for the goods. Users are responsible for transferring this data to the bicycle shop and the bicycle shop will be the controller of this data which will be administered using the bicycle shop's systems.
Bike to Work Ltd may use a third party Halfords Limited t/a Cycle2Work to hire bicycles for Cycle to Work Scheme order and for fulfilling Cycle to Work Scheme vouchers. It this applies to an order then:
- Halfords Limited t/a Cycle2Work will be the Data Controller for any data collected.
- In order to place an order the Employee will review and accept a Privacy Notice with Halfords Limited t/a Cycle2Work as an Annex to the Hire Agreement between the Employee and Halfords Limited t/a Cycle2Work. This Privacy Statement will set out how Halfords Limited t/a Cycle2Work will use data and how Employees can exercise their data rights.
- When processing the order Bike to Work Ltd may transfer the Employee's name, employer name, work email, work phone and order details to Halfords Limited t/a Cycle2Work, to fulfil the order and for the purposes set out in the Privacy Notice between the Employee and Halfords Limited.
AGREEING TO THIS USE OF DATA
Marketing Use of Data
Bike to Work Ltd may ask users to consent to allow Bike to Work Ltd to use users data for marketing purposes. Users have a choice whether they opt in or not, and users do not have to opt in in order to place an order with Bike to Work Ltd.
If users consent to allow Bike to Work Ltd to use data for marketing data Bike to Work Ltd may use the following data:
- Work email
- Work phone
- Work address
- Employer Name
- Details of the orders users place.
Bike to Work Ltd may use and process the data for the following:
- To send users news on Bike to Work Ltd's services and other related services and services related to the Cycle to Work Scheme.
- To send users special offers and discounts on bikes, accessories and cycling related products.
- To let users know about new public transport services or other information on public transport.
- To analyse trends and carry out research on Bike to Work Ltd's orders and in cycling and the use of public transport generally.
Bike to Work Ltd will never sell users' data. Bike to Work Ltd will not transfer users' data to third parties other than third parties Bike to Work Ltd use to process the data for Bike to Work Ltd's use as set out below in the section on third parties.
Third Party Processors
In the section above Bike to Work Ltd have described how Bike to Work Ltd may transfer users' data to Bike Shops for Cycle to Work Scheme Orders as part of fulfilling those orders. These Bike Shops and Public Transport Operators become Data Controllers for that data.
Beyond this, Bike to Work Ltd use may third party Sub-Processors to deliver Bike to Work Ltd's services and may securely transfer users' data to them. These may include
- Bike to Work Ltd's software developer
- Bike to Work Ltd's server hosting company
- Third party services for delivery of emails such as SendinBlue, Amazon or Google.
- Outsourced service providers
- Professional advisers and auditors.
This third party processing is on behalf of Bike to Work Ltd. Bike to Work Ltd will not transfer users' data to third parties for their purposes without users' explicit consent. Bike to Work Ltd will inform Employers of Bike to Work Ltd's current Sub-Processors and of any proposed additions or changes to them.
Personally Identifiable Information collected while browsing Bike to Work Ltd's websites
- help Bike to Work Ltd's website function to process users' orders
- address to help diagnose problems with Bike to Work Ltd's server
- to administer the Website.
Security and retention
Cookies and Google Analytics
Optional Statistics and Marketing Cookies
Users' RightsUsers have the followings rights which can be exercised as follows:
RIGHT TO BE INFORMEDThis Privacy Statement informs users about their data.
RIGHT OF ACCESSIn the footer of Bike to Work Ltd's websites users can access information on cookies used.
If users login to www.biketowork.co.uk and click My Account users can access the data that Bike to Work Ltd hold on them.
RIGHT OF RECTIFICATIONWhen users login to www.biketowork.co.uk and click My Account users can immediately edit certain data fields that Bike to Work Ltd hold on them. For other fields Bike to Work Ltd cannot allow users to edit the data immediately as it may be in use for active orders. Users can raise a support request to request a data amendment.
Users can also opt-in or opt-out of the use of users' data for marketing purposes.
RIGHT OF ERASURESee the section above on Bike to Work Ltd's general data retention policy.
Users can request that Bike to Work Ltd erase the data Bike to Work Ltd hold on users by logging in at www.biketowork.co.uk, clicking My Account and creating a support request. Bike to Work Ltd are processing the data on behalf of the users's Employer, who is the data controller. Bike to Work Ltd will discuss the erasure request with with Employer. Bike to Work Ltd will erase or anonymise as much data as possible. Bike to Work Ltd or the user's Employer may need to retain certain amounts of data. For example if an order is processed for a Cycle to Work Scheme bike the Employee will get tax relief on that order and the Employer may need to retain the data for audit purposes. Bike to Work Ltd will communicate the response to the data request to the user.
RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSINGBike to Work Ltd have outlined above what data Bike to Work Ltd require in order to process orders.
Users can login to www.biketowork.co.uk and go to My Account and request that Bike to Work Ltd restrict processing by opting out of consenting to the use of users' data for marketing purposes (if the user had previously consented).
RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
Orders can only be processed through the user's employer who is the data controller. The user's Employer can request copies of the data if required to ensure data portability.
RIGHT TO OBJECTWhen Bike to Work Ltd reply to any data rectification request Bike to Work Ltd will inform the user about their right to object and include details on how to object.
RIGHTS ASSOCIATION WITH AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING INCLUDING PROFILINGBike to Work Ltd don't have automated decision making processes.
Changes to this StatementPlease note that this Statement forms part of the Terms and Conditions for use of the biketowork.co.uk website and all associated subdomains, and Bike to Work Ltd, and associated brands and services, and forms part of the Agreement between the user and Bike to Work Ltd. Users can determine when this Privacy Statement was last revised by referring to the last updated date at the top. Bike to Work Ltd may, from time to time, amend this Privacy Statement, in whole or part, in Bike to Work Ltd's sole discretion. If Bike to Work Ltd make major changes Bike to Work Ltd will ask users to accept the revised Privacy Statement before users place any new orders.
- Revised 1 March 2023: Data Protection Act 2018 referenced. Reference to Halfords Ltd t/a Cycle2Work added to section on Transfer of Data to Third Parties. References to ticket benefit removed.
- Revised: 16th May 2018: Full update to reflect the GDPR
- Revised: 6th October 2016: Reference to Data Protection Act 1998 updated to Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003
- Published: 4th March 2015