Welcome to Bike to Work, we are here to help you take advantage of the recent Government initiative offering tax free bikes for cycling to work.
Who We Are
Using the Bike to Work scheme, your employer can help you obtain a brand new bike and safety equipment worth up to £1,000. You can use a salary sacrifice arrangement over a hire period, at the end of the hire period the owner of the bike may choose to offer the employee ownership of the bike for a market value at that time. That means you can save up to 42% of the retail price of bike and equipment. Your employer also makes savings to encourage them.
What are the benefits to the employee
There are a host of benefits available to employees should their workplace choose to launch a cycle to work scheme, these include:
- Employees will qualify for a tax saving of between 32% and 42% off the retail cost of bikes and accessories.
- Monthly repayments with no finance charges.
- Make your salary go further each month.
- Save on monthly fuel, parking, car and train fare bills.
Bike to Work are able to offer employees a huge choice of different brands, these include mountain bikes, hybrids and road bikes to name a few. We can also supply all the necessary accessories and cycling equipment through our network of dealers, to ensure employees are safe when riding to work.
Enjoy the health benefits of commuting to work.
Expert staff are available each day to inform employees of the latest cycle equipment and advise them on the perfect bike for them.
Bikes and accessories can be delivered directly to the door of the employee.
Your Employer saves money too
There are savings to be made for Employers too, National Insurance savings, reduced parking problems, savings in parking tax, and a healthier, fitter workforce. We have a full information pack for your employer which will tell them all about how the scheme operates. They can even download it from this site. Our frequently asked questions should cover most queries on the general running of the scheme, and you can use our partner finder to see where your nearest participating shops are.
How much can i save
My annual salary before tax
Cost of bike
Cost of accessories
You will save
This example is based on a single person who has no additional tax credits. The savings you will make may vary depending on your tax credits, reliefs, and exemptions; or if you are a public servant. Please check your payslip to see the marginal tax rate at which you are paying PAYE and National Insurance Tax
How the tax break
The scheme is a voucher scheme and you will need to apply for a voucher to redeem against your goods when you go to collect them from a local participating bicycle shop.
To obtain your voucher you need to:
- Your company signs up for the scheme.
- Visit your local participating bicycle shop to choose your equipment and obtain a written quote.
- Submitt the quotation online.
- Once you have submitted your quotation Bike to work will invoice your employer for the bike package.
- Print off, complete and sign the Purchase Agreement and return it to your HR person.
- Once payment is made for the bike package by the company your voucher will be emailed to you.
- Redeem your voucher at the bike shop and collect your goods (you must provide your Company photo ID card or current Drivers license or Passport to do this).